I’ll be the first to admit that I am no baker, I have never taken much pleasure in baking or cooking and I’ve never thought myself to be very good. I have, however, always wanted to fill my blog with recipes and other creative ideas, so here lieth the first: Banana Bread.
This weekend I had random urge to bake banana bread, I love the stuff and could eat it, with butter, by the loaf. I found a very simple recipe on allrecipes and I am so pleased with the results. The cake is soft, full of bananery, buttery flavour and very easy to make, even for a novice like myself. See the recipe below.
Prep time: 10 mins, Baking time: 50-60mins
- 200g plain flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 50g softened butter
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsb bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsb baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 very ripe bananas
– Pre heat oven to 180degrees (gas mark 4 apparently) and grease and flour loaf shaped baking tin.
– Mash 3 bananas into a bowl
– Add the flour, caster sugar, butter, vanilla extract, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and egg to the banana and mix thoroughly
– Place the mixture into the tin and bake in the oven for 50-60 mins.
– Check the loaf is ready by poking a knife through the middle, if it comes out clean, it’s ready
Tip: If you’ve never tried banana bread with butter spread on top, you’ve missed a slice of heaven.